Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Life in Sidney, Montana...



So here we are in Sidney, I must say it is taking some getting used to. I feel like Reese Witherspoon on Sweet home Alabama except for the fact that I didn't grow up in the Country- I grew up in Cali!! I've decided that though our place sucks, it doesnt suck that badly:) I've spent the past 3 days strolling through town just looking for things to make this place smell better and kill the flys! Guess that there were smokers here before us so you can imagine. Anyways think Ive finally got it and the place is smelling pretty dang good if you ask me! I have this fly trap tape hanging around the house, I look like a retard and was a bit embarrassed when the internet dude came over today and told me I was probably scammed to think it would work..sure enough- not one fly has gotten stuck on it. BUT he did tell me about these poison crystals to put on the window ceils. Dont worry- no where around dakota:)

Aaron is LOVING his job, sometimes I wonder if its too much!!! Im like helllllooooo Aaron! there is NO abercrombie and Fitch around here! No Pottery Barn or Sees Candy or even just a Tar-jay! What is a girl to do!!! Will see what will happen with our little family. In the meantime we had hoped to get prego next month and Im wondering how that is supposed to play in to this crazy life my entire family has going on right now. Seriously Mom and all of us kids have so manythings up in the air is madness.

Anyways- I'm digging Aaron's job 1. cuz hes happy, 2. cuz hes working with my bros- and 3. he is just a couple of blocks away so i can see him when I want! (Unless hes in North dakota- then hes a few hours away- not to the mention the nearest Walmart!)m Ive been thinking what and Old Navy would do for this town!! It almost seems like people just sell things out of their houses here. Today Jessy and I (My sister in law and my bro and their baby are here for a month as well so thats fun:) anyways we drove by this house and what do you know there was a salvation Army sign stuck on the front door- what the freak? Kinda makes me wonder if I should lease one of these vacant shops and sell my photos. Hmm- how many cowboys do you think want photos of the ocean in their nhomes? Especially when it is pooring down snow outside! Not thinking that will happen- besides the fact that is digging my roots in here WAY too far.

Today I was on my way to Landans land where Aaron works and saw a "Popcorn factory" sign. this ended up being quite the highlight of my day:0 Landan used to work at a place in Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz called the popcorn parade and it was the bomb!! All kinds of sweet popcorn!! Like differnt fruits and cotten candy and bubble gum et. Rad- so I stopped hoping it would be something like that. Sure enough it was! the supply was very low in the shop but the chick said that next month they start refilling the shelves with over 100 kinda of popcorn!! Sweet AZ! man am I pumped about that! Now why the heck they make more of a supply in the winter I will never understand but I'm learning that there are many things I just may never understand about this place:)

If there is one thing I should give credit towards here however its the sunsets. Hallee and dad both told me they were rad..I took a couple pictures to prove it as you can see above. I will take photos of our totally radical house tomorrow. 9We live downstairs- were trying to get the upstairs! but thats another frustrating story:)

Heres to more sunsets to keep us all going! (And sweet popcorn:)

-Ari

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I don't know how I would survive without a Target no less. Sounds like you'll be doing a lot of internet shopping or saving a lot of money! Glad to hear that Aaron is happy.

Pat and Anndalyn said...

Awesome sunsets, that's for sure! I'm loving the stories...keep them coming!

Kim said...

Those sunsets are B-E-A-U-tiful! I was just checking out a rad sunset here last night with all of the clouds and thunderstorms. Sure miss you! So glad we got to see you as you were passing thru town. I'll give you a call this weekend.

Gary Church said...

WOW! Those are amazing sunsets! The small town thing takes some serious getting used to, but once you do...you're gonna love it!!! It will get better, I promise!

Arianne Lewis said...

thanks dudes:)