Sunday, September 09, 2007

Basement Sweet Basement



hey guys- this is some of our place. Ive been trying to decorate to home it up a bit. You know the whole Pottery Barn "Small spaces" thing? Use the same color thoughout if your in a small place?) So since I already have so much stuff in red (My favorite color), I've attempted tospice the place up a bit. Heres a tv thing my sister in law gave us..I painted it red and tried to make it look rusticy though Ive still got a bit more sanding to do:) Notice the yellow oven?



Um yah- this is just fabric that I like. cant bring myself to cutting it and making it into a cover since the couch is only temporary. wanna keep it to use later!
lame paint job. Ime a terrible painter. But I painted this a rustic black (At least that was my goal).

Check out this bed...and look how tiny dakota looks on it!!! We have a queen blow up mattress of my baby brothers, but my shoulders get all sore on just the one so we bought another one and put it next to it. Looks totally lame but I guess Aarons right when he suggests that maybe I take the decorating a little far sometimes- sacrificing comfort for looks.



This email is pointless I know but I wanted to give Anndalyn a bit more of an idea of whats up with me.

Love ya!
Ari

4 comments:

The Bish Fam said...

You definitely need to make it feel like home - no matter how temporary it is. You've done a cute job though ...that's my next goal now that I am all moved in - decorating :)

Love ya!
Becca

Leslie said...

You have always made everything look nice...you have a natural talent.

Gary Church said...

I love your paint jobs!!! They look awesome!! The whole place looks awesome, and I for one am VERY jealous of that giant bed!!

Tanya McKibben said...

Girlfriend, you are busy! How do you find time to do all that painting and nesting and decorating? I need you to come to my house (help a girl out).