Saturday, February 28, 2009

The girl scout diet...


So the other day Aaron came home with a box of girl scout cookies- Samoas (AKA Carmel Delites) Should he have done that? I am obsessed with seasonal treats. Easter its Peeps and Cadbury Eggs (mainly cadbury eggs), candy corn at Christmas, necco conversation hearts at valentines, and Christmas? Well there is nothing particular I can think of that I BUY at Christmas, just the fact that my body seems to go into chocolate crave overload. I start to want fudge-a lot! Anyways back to the girl scout cookies...
It was the strangest thing- last time I had these cookies were back when Dad and I were painting the back drop for Moms Cinemagic production , I would buy boxes and boxes! (3 years ago, last year I was in montana and didnt see them anywhere, though I waited for those girls to come by!) When I first saw the box from aaron, I was taken back thinking and MISSING MY DAD!!!Dad and I painted like 3 days a week for a couple of months for about 4 hours a day. Good quality time- especially with the Cookies! Seriously I would buy like 3 boxes at a time- and yet- I lost weight! Whats up with that? Today Aaron brought me home my own box. And I ate them all!!! The question is..will I lose weight? I mean I am on a diet (except for chocolate and my cookies:) I felt it important to blog about this...why? No idea, I guess I just needed to profess my love to all of Samoa girl scout cookies and let my dad know that once again I was thinking about him today:) (And everytime I see those girl scouts:)

7 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Ooooh girl scout cookies are my guilty pleasures too! If you loose weight I may have to try this new diet!

Mimi said...

Those are my favorite girls scout cookies too! This blog is so sweet, just saying out loud that you miss you dad can make you feel just a little better. By the way, I'm painting my bathroom Monday if you want to bring me some of those cookies ahaha Just kidding. See you Monday night, can't wait!!!

Arianne Lewis said...

I would Mimi- except I ate them all remember!!!:) Cant wait for tomorrow either:)

Pacefamily said...

I love it!! Those are my fav too! Yet another thing we have in common! Did you see I finally put your link on my website... I thought it was already there until you said something!! Sorry... Anyway, I love that you were thinking of your dad, and I especially love that you wrote about it!

Anonymous said...

Ari- please call me- leave your phone # - Aunt Colleen

Arianne Lewis said...

called your house and left my number aunt colleen

Holly said...

What a sweet, and I mean literally, sweet memory. Your dad must be so proud of you. ;) Thanks for watching Bella. Your treats last night were awesome! YOUR awesome!