
SO the funniest thing just happened.
Today aaron and I came home from church and there was this random turtle chillin on the cement part of our front porch!!! I was like- what the heck! Anyways I start asking all these neighbors and no one knew whos it was. finally one of the neighbors said no one owned it here it had to be wild. And one of the door sI knocked on was one of the beet farmers here who sleep during the day and are awake in the night- so I was like- OK, guess I shouldnt bug the enighbors any longer. Anyhow. I called the animal shelter and what do you know, they werent open. HELLO!! What if this was a Cougar cub or something- they kinda need to be open for emergencies like that!!
Anyways so after contemplating letting it go out by a river some where I decided to go back to the church where a linger longer was finishing and ask any parents if they wanted it for their kids.
This older lady in the ward decided that she wanted it. Her husband said that she had just found one squooshed in the road and this little dude was headed for the road several times so I could TOTALLY see that happening to it!!
Anyways- ayhoo i was the here to this little turtle for saving it from utter death. (And after reading this book Ive been reading about death and the resurrection lately I wasnt about to let this little turtle die knowing it had a spirit and all!)
So Im here chillin trying to heck to update my blog with a new template (by the way- does anyone know if you have to reenter all the links over again after giving it a new template? Is that right because on the preview- none of my links showed up) Anyways, Im here doing this jazz when I get a knock at the door and its these neighbors a few houses down asking If I had foudn a turtle!! Ahhh!! Sure I had found it but I gave it to this lady who by the way lives out on a farm 30 miles away from Fairview! (Which is about 15 minutes from here). Plus she talked about having a little pond and river and stuff that he was going to be so happy in ! A river- crap!! What if she had already let it loose!!!
Whats worse is that I had no IDEA what the heck this ladys name was since were still new to the ward. Nor did I know our bishops name. So I called all around, no one was answering their phones! Crapin-ay dude! What if she had let it go already! What was i going to tell this kid!
I finally tracked down someone I had just met in church today and she said she had over heard that this lady in the ward just got a new turtle. She knew her number and all. So i called Bonnie.
Turns out that the turtle was NOT from around here. It was native to Arcansas and ready to hibernate! What the freak! Plus it could only eat worms and insects! bonnie was coming into town on tuesday to drop it off to me then i was supposed to take it to radio shack to give to the kids house, oye vey. Finally bonnie said- yah umm- dont wanna find this turtle food and all that so how about if I just drive out to fairview and meet the dad.
So now they have each others numbers and are probably driving as we speak.
Kinda funny that the dad was acting a bit like- hey, wheres our turtle. Dude it could have been dead or lost if it wasnt for me!!:)
So there yah go. Im a hero for the day. Hopefully dakota will pick up on that and give me one of those mommy paychecks Sharon calls for kisses from your kids:)
Back to spicing up my template-love ya'll!
Ari
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Turtlely Crazy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Yup, I had to re-enter all my links.
k thanks:)
And Im assuming you picked one with a white back ground because when you use one with color it tints all the photos?? I have a template I like but its tinting them, Im wondering if there is a way I can color the section where the photos go. Hmm
You can color the section where the photos go, you just have to tweak the html... I think if you go into the main body section of the html, you can change the color.
thanks again!! your the bomb at this stuff!
Post a Comment