SO I was just sitting down to post about my adorable son dakota and how he is so great and how he says thank you for everything now and "wow" when i give him stuff like- "oh my gosh your the best person ever to give me that piece of cheese and thank you"... when I say- "Uhh Ohh- dont get that foody in your hair!!" What does he do? He is reminded of his hair and this thing he loves to do where he wipes his hands off IN his hair! Just laughing and smiling as usual- then I wipe it off with a napkin and what does he say?? "Thank you!" Love my kid:)
A few moments ago he said "Deacon" very clearly as well! Dakota is really taking off with his learning and speaking- were amazed! Id be a major brainiac If I learned as fast as this kid seems to now a days. We can tell him a word one time and he'll remember it forever!
On the other hand- on the cute hand- he hasnt quite grasped the fact that mommy is one with the baby in her tummy so though he knows where and what his tummy is...he loves to walk around with his shirt up patting his tummy and saying "baby". Very fun.
I know things have been a bit crazy for people lately. Actually if ya'll know anything about astrology (and I only know this because my mother in law is a holistic doctor) Mercury is actually in retrograde right now so there is a span of about 3 weeks where everyone is kinda in a muck. your not supposed to make any big new decisions during this time however you can complete tasks that youve been working on so I was aloud to get that house situation taken care of:) SO I was reading my old comp, Hermana Calls blog and came across this poem..its worth reading though its long! Maybe it can make ya'll feel better and maybe its even great enough to use in a Relief society lesson!:)
Love ari
Look at me, look at me, look at me now!
You could do what I do if you only knew how.
I study the scriptures one hour each day;
I bake, I upholster, I scrub, and I pray.
I always keep all the commandments completely;
I speak to my little ones gently and sweetly.
I help in their classrooms!
I sew all they wear!
I drive them to practice!
I cut all their hair!
I memorize names of the General Authorities;
I focus on things to be done by priorities.
I play the piano!
I bless with my talents!
My toilets all sparkle!
My checkbooks all balance!
Each week every child gets a one-on-one date;
I attend all my meetings (on time! never late!)
I'm taking a class on the teachings of Paul,
But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all,
I track my bad habits 'til each is abolished;
Our t-shirts are ironed! My toenails are polished!
Our family home evenings are always delightful;
The lessons I give are both fun and insightful.
I do genealogy faithfully, too.
It's easy to do all the things that I do!
I rise each day early, refreshed and awake;
I know all the names of each youth in my stake!
I read to my children! I help all my neighbors!
I bless the community, too, with my labors.
I exercise and I cook menus gourmet;
My visiting teaching is done the first day!
(I also go do it for someone who missed hers.
It's the least I can do for my cherished ward sisters.)
I chart resolutions and check off each goal;
I seek each 'lost lamb' on my Primary roll.
I can home-grown produce each summer and fall.
But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all,
I write in my journal! I sing in the choir!
Each day, I write 'thank you's' to those I admire.
My sons were all Eagles when they were fourteen!
My kids get straight A's! And their bedrooms are clean!
I have a home business to help make some money;
I always look beautifully groomed for my honey.
I go to the temple at least once a week;
I change the car's tires! I fix the sink's leak!
I grind my own wheat and I bake all our bread;
I have all our meals planned out six months ahead.
I make sure I rotate our two-years' supply;
My shopping for Christmas is done by July!
These things are not hard; 'tis good if you do them;
You can if you try! Just set goals and pursue them!
It's easy to do all the things that I do!
If you plan and work smart, you can do them all, too!



7 comments:
This is such a fun time for Dakota...and you. He is discovering all kinds of new things and you know that it is only going to get better. Maybe you've got a genius on your hands! Zachary is now saying hi to everything, people passing by or to his toys. Aren't we lucky to be moms?!
we sure are!!! Love ya monkey!
we sure are!!! Love ya monkey!
Hi Ari! So fun! I am glad you have a rental house. Where are you living again? Your trip to S.C. sounded fun. That place is amazing. The pic's you took of your friends were GORGEOUS! How are you feeling these days with the baby? It's coming up fast! Love ya girl!
Hey tanya! So your still in Germany? I still havent gone back far enough to see why your there! Im assuming your hubs work? Im doing good. We move into the house the end of the month so Im excited. Were in modesto- you know where that is:) thanks for the photo compliments! Im doing good but Im actually not ready for deacon to come so thats good since I have 2 months today still!
Hey Sweetness. We are here for my hubbies work. He got selected to do a leadership training program for 4 months. It's pretty dang awesome to be here. I can't even tell you how much I love it. Check my business website "about us" and you will see the two amazing women helping me out while I am gone. It's been really hands off for me. I did a lot of prep work before I left and trained them pretty well. It feels good. I am excited that you are back in Cali!!! I hope we can hang out now. I'll be back in mid Sept. Hannah would have a huge crush on Dakota. They would be so cute playing together while we gush over Deacon :) Can't wait.
Cant wait either Tanya! how fun- 4 months is a perfect time:)
Post a Comment