Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Petunia Pickle Bottom


Alright dudettes- found a sweet az company that makes the cutest bags!! totally Posh- anyone out there who can afford them, i salute you. but hey- im thining if a few peeps go in on one for you (or me) then it'll cost you nothing!! Theyre all over 100.00 They sell at boutiques and nordstoms and stuff- anyways check them out and maybe one of these days you'll see me sporting one!!! Oh and get this- their corporate is in Ventura!!

http://www.petuniapicklebottom.com/
Ari

8 comments:

My Dearest Rich said...

Ari, you are so funny. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag. I have loved that company for years. Originally when I first had the twins, I didn't have one, and thought I could live without one....silly me. After my final hideous trip to Denver that had me shoving every last bottle, formula, toy, blanket, etc...in every last corner of a shoulder strap bag, I knew my days were numbered, and I was off to finally buy my petunia pickle bottom. I've used it religiously the past two years and its still in great shape, and can't imagine ANY MOTHERS LIFE without one! Its a DEFINITE must! I love that it doubles as a shoulder strap bag, or backpack. And just as a helpful hint, you can often find brand new ones with tags on eBay for just around $100. Sometimes less. Another awesome, and sometimes less expensive alternative are the Ju Ju Be bags. Started by a friend in San Clemente, they have totally taken off and you can find them in boutiques and Nordstrom's everywhere! :) With a second baby on the way, I would DEFINITELY consider an "upgrade" with more room! :)

Arianne Lewis said...

Thanks:) Yah I noticed last night that they are cheaper on ebay- went to a boutique today to see if I liked the shoulder bag or backpack better- So nathan just let you go get it?? Those things are expensive but man do I want one!

Jes said...

Yeah, I settled for a $15-20 bag from Walmart. So far, so good. I'm afraid to even look at the bags you're talking about, I might want one.

You should check out this site though for some cool babywearing: slingsbysarah.com and another cool thing I want but can't justify: trashties.com I can totally see you using these.

Love you...miss you. Happy late b-day. 30, how did we get so old?! :)

My Dearest Rich said...

Oh honey, when you have twins, or even two, and you are birthing, and then carting them and all their stuffs around, hubby's don't have a say in the pricing. And I got mine new on ebay for literally like $95 and I really felt like it was an investment worth it. I had one of the plastic-e diaper bags that was still around $50 or $60 from a boutique before, and it wasn't big enough, didn't have the backpack option, and was not as easy as you would think to clean. My PPB is one of the chenille fabric ones. It was actually the ONLY chenille one they offered at the time...the fond a flora. Now I see they have two more options there, AND the Glazed selection (canvas like material) I wonder how THOSE are? I bet SO adorable! Too bad I'm in the middle of nowhere, with no boutiques anywhere within an hour...probably good. I'll wait til I decide to have another baby, and then petunia it up again...in a different style! :)
P.S. I read Shea's blog! Sounds like their journey was CRAZY. And Oaklahoma?! WOW! Serious troopers!

Arianne Lewis said...

So do you think i should get the tote (The banana shaped one) or the backpack since in three months ill have 2 little kiddies?? I like the look of the totes better but like the idea of the back pack- what would you say my deary??

THE RUSHFORTHS said...

Hermana Cheney! Just wanted to drop you a line! This is Celeste (Hermana Call) - your old companion from Quinta Normal. What a crazy time of our lives. How are you? What are you up to these days? Write when you have time. celeste@rushforth.org

Hillaryous said...

I'm sorry to brag, but I was given one as a gift! LOVE IT! I want to use it NOW and I don't even have my wee lil one yet! I have one that is black & white with one red flower! GORGEOUS! At least I think so... i have to tell you, i think the ones that are the plastic/vinal material will be more baby proof! and the no-flap much easier to get inside of.... I seriously checked this out!

Yeah for PETUNIA PICKLE BOTTOM!

My Dearest Rich said...

its up to you darling. You need to get what you think will suite you best, but I think you'll like the convenience of the backpack while you are carrying your newborn, AND Kota at the same time! Also, the flap for me is convenient, because sometimes i fill that bad boy UP with all the necessities, and it helps manage the bag from overflowing! They are both super cute styles, so really you can't go wrong with either one. Most people I know have the backpack though because it doubles as a shoulder OR backpack. You have the option of wearing it either way.